6 Reasons Organic Cedar is Superior for Wood Fencing & Gardens
Organic cedar wood is a great choice for fencing and gardens, particularly in New England.
Durable and decay-resistant, cedar wood endures our northern climate up to 5 times better than any other species.
Cedar wood is also an environmentally-friendly choice suitable for organic gardening, raised beds, cedar-lined compost bins, beehives or any backyard project that requires durable, untreated wood.
6 Reasons Organic Cedar is Superior:
- Eco-friendly: Natural oils repel insects so cedar wood fencing does not require any toxic chemical treatment to prevent insect damage.
- Durable: Cedar wood endures our northern climate up to 5 times better than other species, with natural resistance to insects, mold, and rot.
- Stable: Cedar wood’s superior stability means minimal shrinkage, twisting, and warping compared with other wood fencing choices.
- Naturally Beautiful: The strength and natural beauty of cedar wood fencing will remain through many winds, rains, and winter storms.
- Low-Maintenance: While other woods should be painted or stained to be preserved, cedar can be left to weather to a beautiful natural hue (a silky, silver gray) - making it the only decorative wood fencing choice that’s virtually maintenance free.
- Sustainably Sourced: We purchase Northern White Cedar (also known as Eastern White Cedar), which grows abundantly in the forests of Northern Maine, Quebec and New Brunswick Canada. It’s sustainably sourced, ensuring it has the ability to replenish itself without threat of overcutting.
Get Started with Organic Cedar Today
You may be surprised how versatile and beautiful cedar wood fencing, gates and outdoor structures can be. View some of our projects on our website, then give us a call. All of our cedar lumber can be fabricated to suit many different styles and sizes.
Installers: We custom fabricate all of our cedar fencing right here in Stoughton, to better serve the specific needs of your customers.
Contractors: If you are a contractor and would like to find out more about our cedar lumber or pricing for fencing boards and wood fence pickets, please contact us online, stop into our Stoughton showroom, or call us at 781.341.2963.
Homeowners: Yes, we offer cedar lumber for sale, direct to you too! We can also help with project design questions; however, we do not install wood fencing (or vinyl). We will, however, be happy to provide a list of approved contractors if you decide not to do the project on your own. Contact us online, stop into our Stoughton showroom, or call us at 781.341.2963.
More than your local fence company. AVO Fence & Supply knows there is always more to learn when it comes to the latest tips,technology and professionalism in the fencing industry. We’re taking that expertise and sharing it here, to help you grow your fencing business. Start planning your next fencing project today at AVO Fence & Supply.